Total Pageviews

Friday, September 11, 2009

God Rules

God Rules


Psa 9:1 For the Chief Musician; set to Muth-labben. A Psalm of David. I will give thanks unto Jehovah with my whole heart; I will show forth all thy marvellous works.
To thank someone is to accomplish an action, the word is a verb. My whole heart tells me that we are to feel earnest about this action.
Psa 9:2 I will be glad and exult in thee; I will sing praise to thy name, O thou Most High.
Miriam Webster defines exult as leaping for joy! Not just on Sunday, but on everyday, all day long we can sing praises to God remembering that Most High means just that, there is no one and no thing that can stand on God's level. What great work have you seen God do with your own eyes?
Psa 9:3 When mine enemies turn back, They stumble and perish at thy presence.
We know that we are in the presence of God and we have seen in the scriptures, Jos. 5:13_15, and that He wil not abandon us. On the other hand, as soon as or enemy loses heart, eve before he does, he is defeated.
Psa 9:4 For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; Thou sittest in the throne judging righteously.
In the first half of this verse we see that it is God that guarded over David and maintained the appropriate justice for him. In the second part we find him affirming God to be the same type of judge that He commanded all judges to be, righteous!
Psa 9:5 Thou hast rebuked the nations, thou hast destroyed the wicked; Thou hast blotted out their name for ever and ever.
Here David appears to be speaking of not just the people of Canaan although they are a very good example to use. In my studies in the past I have noted that archeology has found the Canaanites to be a people riddled with STDs. Not only were they a diseased people but hey worshipped the gods of this world and did not seek after God.
Psa 9:6 The enemy are come to an end, they are desolate for ever; And the cities which thou hast overthrown, The very remembrance of them is perished.
If it were not for them being mentioned in the Bible the world might never have even searched out any information on them.
Psa 9:7 But Jehovah sitteth as king for ever: He hath prepared his throne for judgment;
Unlike the kingdoms of this world God's kingdom will never perish. In the Kingdom of God we find the Bema Seat of Judgment and the Great White Throne.
Psa 9:8 And he will judge the world in righteousness, He will minister judgment to the peoples in uprightness.
When God is seated at the thrones we will ever worry about someone “priming the pump” to see their desires come to the fore ground. The judgment of God is even and always fair.




God Remembers


Psa 9:9 Jehovah also will be a high tower for the oppressed, A high tower in times of trouble;
I prefer to teach, standing on the ground that I know from experience and in the case of the infantrymen that I had the privilege to serve, my helicopter, dropping from the sky to pull them to safety was their high tower and they often admired us so much that we had to be very careful of it. In a similar fashion my high tower was, I, then thought, was the nuts in those gunships and fighter planes that flew hundreds of miles per hour and dropped down inside those trees to get us safely home.
In the same manor God is there for His people. I look back at the time before I decided to serve God, even though I understood He had called me, and I break out in tears remembering the times I had already given up and God stepped in a preserved me and the men on my aircraft. Unlike the fighters from the Air Force and the Navy god is always on time because He is ever vigilant ad does not need to do a preflight and then launch, He's there before the trouble begins.
Psa 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee; For thou, Jehovah, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
John 15:15 Jesus, our LORD ad God has called us His friend. Just as the men that jumped on the grenades to save their friends lives, Jesus hung on that cross to purchase our pardon from the sin of our lives ad there is nobody as rust worthy as he that will die for you. The only price we must pay is to seek Him and His forgivness.
Psa 9:11 Sing praises to Jehovah, who dwelleth in Zion: Declare among the people his doings.
We should go to sleep at night humming the hymns like Amazing Grace, awaken to singing ad remembering them and then proclaim to the world why it is that we are so happy.
Psa 9:12 For he that maketh inquisition for blood remembereth them; He forgetteth not the cry of the poor.
We have such a promise from God! Even when the evil man thinks he has on, he has lost. Our God will never forget the injustice folks try to perform against us. Just as we will be rewarded at the Bema Seat the oppressors will be judged all the more harshly at the Great White Throne.




God Rescues


Psa 9:13 Have mercy upon me, O Jehovah; Behold my affliction which I suffer of them that hate me, Thou that liftest me up from the gates of death;
Here, it is very possible that David was facing death. We know from studying the book of Ruth that important decisions were settled at the gate of the city and we know that he was pursued by his enemies that sought to murder the king. Still, David calls out to God to preserve him, not for his sake but for the sake of God's memory. David always remembered God's name and what it meant.
Psa 9:14 That I may show forth all thy praise. In the gates of the daughter of Zion I will rejoice in thy salvation.
From the gates of death to the gates f the daughter of Zion is a remarkable contrast.
After walking with death nipping at my heels for 30 months on the field of combat the first place I went was not home. I purchased a room in the Rice Hotel, in downtown Houston, less than ten miles from my dad's house, my home. There was a journey that needed to be made. Not acknowledging that God had been protecting me I had, early on, admitted that I was a dead man walking. I suspect that David, like myself, had a journey to make back into life. The committed Christians I knew made that journey much easier than I and other lost men did because they knew God and had only to readjust to people nt trying to kill them every day. They already, like David, knew that God was for them. David, with his enemy in persuit of him already knew the joy of his salvation, no matter the outcome.
Psa 9:15 The nations are sunk down in the pit that they made: In the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
The lost man, the man of the world cannot prevail against God's chosen God snares them in their own traps.
Psa 9:16 Jehovah hath made himself known, he hath executed judgment: The wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.