Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Is Jesus our Bud?

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

... In Romans 1:18 through the last verse we find out that God will turn man over to a Reprobate mind and it is my contention that He has done so. While it is true that those who choose to accept the free gift of Salvation become the adopted children of God and it is true that Jesus, the Christ, is the Son of God, we must not assume that we speak of Him in the familiar way that folks do today.
... There is so little focus today that it is frightening. In the first verse of The Gospel of John we are taught several things about our Messiah. First we learn that Jesus has always existed and this point alone is cause for much study and meditation on the Word of God. This point, along, is one of great distinction. We are taught that one name for Jesus is The Word and of course the Bible is The Word of God. Continuing along this path, in verse three we see that there is nothing, in the entire Creation of God, that was not made by Him.
Many, are they that, have separated the Old and the New Testaments by having the New to replace the Old. In the Old Testament the Creator, God, has promised, never to change. (Mal. 3:6) This same quality of God is demonstrated in the New Testament. (Heb. 6:17,18) If we never study the Old Testament we wilol not understand the New Testament because much of the New is, in fact, commentary on the Old. When Jesus was asked what was the greatest Commandment He went directly to the Books of the Law. The same Jesus that taught us The Sermon on the Mount is the writer of the Old Testament.
... Consider for a moment that I once worked for Texas Industries (TXI) as a Mixer Driver/Operator. As an employee of the company I was vested in the 401k and owned stock in TXI. The CEO also worked for TXI and owned stock in the company but each of us had a different roll to fulfill. I owned stock, just as the CEO did but I was not equal to him in position. I am a Son of God because He has adopted me into His Family but Jesus, the Son of God is God. While Heaven is mine to inherit Heaven is Jesus' in that He created it.
... When my dad was still alive, he loved me and I loved him. We were both war veterans and as such, we had a great respect, one for the other but while, in many ways, we were equal, we were never equal. What was true of my dad and myself is also true of Jesus and each of us. Just as I gave much greater stature to my dad, each of us must find Jesus to hold an even greater position in our lives. When I tell you that I feared my dad I do not mean that I lived in fear of some possible punishment he might administer. I feared not being pleasing to him. I, in an even greater way live in fear of Jesus. My salvation is settled but I never want to displease my LORD.
... You see, Jesus is not my buddy. Just like my friends, I am free to approach Him with any concern I might have but just as I would not walk up and wrap my arm around the President I respect Jesus even more than the Supreme Commander of the Army I am so proud of. When we love God, we will offer Him our deepest respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.