Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Who Are We?

1Pet. 2:9
Who Are We?

1Pe 2:9 But ye are an elect race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, that ye may show forth the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 who in time past were no people, but now are the people of God: who had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

... The Christian is a special person and most of the people calling themselves by that name disapprove of my position on the matter and yet I cannot find it in myself to back up and to take a more liberal stance. I feel that if I am to err, it must be on the conservative side. Before I was saved I believed that determining whether a person was a Christian or not was much the same as determining who was a Killer Spade. When I became a Spade I obeyed the commands of the lowest of ranks above me and yet was prone to disregard even the commands of the Generals if they were not Spades and of course, some wished they were but they were not. I have long been of the opinion that the Christian can be spotted in the same manor as the Spades were recognizable, they obey their commander. I am not telling anyone that they are not saved but when I became a Spade I had a set of orders that “elected” me to be a Killer Spade and in 1 Peter I have my orders once more and they are directly from the Supreme Commander. I am a Christian and just as I flew, in spite of the weapons used against me as a Spade, as a Christian I cannot find it in myself to fear what people might think of me.
... I am now a member of the people of God and as such, you might spray me with Agent Orange, Agent Blue and Agent White and take my legs out from under me but you cannot stop me, I belong to God and I will live forever and that does not begin tomorrow, I began my eternal life the very moment I surrendered to God, picked up my guitar and walked off that stage and bid farewell to all my fans and the fame that had just one week before been offered to me and that was sought for over twenty-five years. Since I am an eternal being and since I love God, I hope somewhat in the manor He loves me, how could I ever seek to ignore His commands to me? Since I live in pain, twenty-four hours a day, why would I ever fear moving from this realm into the next? I am a Christian, devoted servant of my Heavenly Father through His Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.