Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 6, 2014


Godlessness in the Last Days
2Tim. 3:1 But understand this, that (See 1 Tim. 4:1) in the last days there will come times of difficulty. 2 For people will be [Phil. 2:21] lovers of self, Luke 16:14; [1 Tim. 6:10] lovers of money, Rom. 1:30 proud, Rom. 1:30 arrogant, abusive, Rom. 1:30 disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 Rom. 1:31 heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, [Titus 1:8] not loving good, 4 treacherous, reckless, 1 Tim. 3:6; 6:4 swollen with conceit, Phil. 3:19 lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having the appearance of godliness, but See 1 Tim. 5:8 denying its power. 1 Tim. 6:20; [Titus 1:14] Avoid such people. 6 For among them are [Titus 1:11] those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, 7 always learning and never able to 1 Tim. 2:4 arrive at a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Ex. 7:11 Jannes and Jambres [Acts 13:8] opposed Moses, so these men also oppose the truth, (See 1 Tim. 6:5) men corrupted in mind and Titus 1:16 disqualified regarding the faith. 9 But they will not get very far, for their folly will be plain to all, Ex. 7:12; 8:18; 9:11 as was that of those two men. (ESV)

1Tim 4:1 Now See John 14:17 the Spirit expressly says that [2 Thess. 2:3-9; 2 Tim. 3:1]; See 1 Cor. 11:19 in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to 1 John 4:6 (Gk.); See Matt. 7:15 deceitful spirits and teachings of demons, spells out or defines the topic very well. (all red notations are for Chain Reference use but are, surely, not all inclusive.)

It is a popular maneuver today that we must not offend folks of other persuasions and this is tauted as the Christian thing to do. Jesus did not teach such a thing, although it is popularly laid at His feet and, as per the teaching of the entire Bible, we, Christians, followers of God are not called to never offend. The Gospel, itself, is like a sharp knife, dividing right from wrong. If I want to be popular, I can return to the stage, ditch my wife and give to the young and the old ladies exactly what they actually want from the Lead Singer of any band. Christians are offensive to the Lost man and as long as we follow God, we will remain so.


Everyone I have ever met wants the period after life to be heavenly, and with most, as long as it's not the Heaven described by God in His book, the Bible. Today, in the catholic Church, it is believed that a man and his wife will spend Eternity in wedded bliss. Remember the lust of the Wedding Night? This expectation defines the “lust” I speak of here. This has nothing to do with what God has taught, or in most cases, attempted to teach us, in the Word of God. There is no, zero, sexual activity in Heaven, please purchase a Hard Copy of the Naves Topical Bible Studies and study the subject without anyone, other than God
interceding on your thoughts and study.

We have been living in the last two days since Jesus gave His human body over to the Roman Guard Detail for the sacrifice required, by Him, for the forgiveness of sin. Now about verse 2 of 2Timothy, folks, as the Church of the Christ, we are a disappointing lot. Don't get me wrong, I've never seen an old barn that could not use another coat of paint but when I look at my wife it is not about the make up she wears. My wife understands that I loved and that I love her in a work uniform with no make up at all, I love that lady in any condition I happen to catch her in, at any time of the day.

Women, not always the same as ladies, today are consumed with their outward appearance, lovers of self. Men are no better inside the Church than they were, and likely are, in the clubs and joints I played in as a young man. I was a Soldier, Helicopter Crew Chief, Truck Driver, a Carpenter, a Switchboard Wireman, Forklift Mechanic and a few other occupations in a little better than forty years of my life. Yet, for all of my labor, I wore hundred dollar shirts when I went to the club, whether I was performing or not. I, just like the rest of the world was a lover of self and it was fed by pretty ladies of the evening and I believed the lie that I was happy... BUNK!

This is enough for a topic starter. As mentioned, I copied this from one of my Bible Study programs and it is a great study... if you will read the chain Linked Passages. Comments?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.