Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Revelation 4

Revelation of John 4:1: (KJV)
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

In Rev. 1:10 and here, once more we see that although it is a much debated issue, John, himself, states that he was in the spirit. We must be very careful when we run off and pretend that we can interpret the scriptures, we can not do that! In 1Cor. 4:1 we see that we, who have devoted ourselves to the service of God hold the key to the scriptures, therefore the Bible is a mystery to the Lost Man. On the day I converted to Christianity I was overcome by or with the Holy Spirit of God and that night, as I read the book that had befuddled me so much before, made perfect sense to me. Without the Indwelling of the Holy Spirit, it is impossible to understand, let alone translate the meaning of a verse of scripture.

Revelation of John 4:2:
And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3:And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
4:And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
5:And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.

I have not had the need for a precise need for an explanation of just who the twenty-four elders, seated around the throne of God are and I´ll not try to pull your leg and lie to you, I don´t know, nor do I need to know. God does not request that we have faith, He demands it! And here I´ll elect to leave this for the future, when and if God chooses to reveal it. The fact of the matter is that we see here that Heaven is a beautiful place beyond all we can imagine.

And in verse 5 we find that seven lamps mentioned before are before the throne, the seven Spirits of God. During my twenty-one years as a Christian I have witnessed the lamp being removed twice from Church Bodies, it is a terrible event, the church just drifts without clear direction. Just as we see in Daniel, when he fasted and prayed himself, almost to exhaustion, God´s messenger was delayed fighting the Prince of Persia, this is a Spiritual Being, a human cannot delay an angel. Every nation, church, Mom & Pop Store and person has a Spiritual Being guiding and protecting them. These are either from God or from Satan but it is just as the scripture teaches, we war against Spiritual Beings. We must, everyone of us learn to bow our knees to our LORD and Master... now!

Revelation of John 4:6:
And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
7:And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.
8:And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

We must learn, and I say once more, must learn, to properly worship God. I have never seen these beasts but I do find the fact that they worship God in all they do to be an important example of what we are to model our lives after. Since the event of my indwelling with the Holy Spirit of God, all I have done, I have done with Him in mind. So many today go to church on Sunday and they play Church and then live like Hell the rest of the week.

If a man or a woman is saved they are indwelt with the Spirit of God. They become Carnal, as I understand it, when they quench that Spirit. They, however, might not be quenching the Spirit at all, they might not be saved! It is at this point that one must do a Spiritual Inventory, seemingly, the most dreaded action one can undertake today. Do we fear the truth?

Revelation of John 4:9:And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,
10:The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
11:Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Often today, when I teach on why I sign my signature with Bond Servant, I am informed they they, any number of folks, owe God nothing, they are saved by grace! This has also, often, left me shaking my head, side to side! There is not a thing that we have that God did not create the materials it was made from, it all, all of it belongs to God and that includes my body! It is my glory that I am His Bond Servant.

When we study the scriptures we find that Bond Servants (Employees) were common in Bible times and if they lived better than when they were free, they had an ear pierced with an awl to mark themselves as a willing servant to their Master. We do not that custom today but if my LORD were to ask it, I would proudly have it done. We must learn to submit and we must do so completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.