Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Genesis 1-3

I am often, falsely, informed, that the admonition to neither add to nor to subtract from the scriptures applies only to the Revelation of John. The following is not an exhaustive list but it should be enough to get my point across. Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 12:32, Proverbs 30:5-6, Revelation 22:18-19 and Galatians 1:6-12. And you ask, 'What is this about?'

The title of this string says it all, these three chapters have been made into one of the silliest controversies of my life time. If you ever wish to see Satan rolling with laughter at his handy work, just watch the people naming the name of Christ make fools of themselves over this one fundamental issue.

First and forever we serve the only Omniscient, Omnipotent Eternal God and finite man can never know more than our Heavenly Father has revealed to us. To attempt to define God is to attempt to fit Him into a box, it can't be done. To attempt to define what we think He meant to say or to imply is the greatest exercise in futility known to mankind and yet that is exactly what finite men are attempting to do today when they go to scientific theory and attempt to reconcile the scriptures to scientific theory.

Many will indignantly reply that the age of the earth is a scientific fact but that is at the very best, not true. Science, true science is established by duplicating a theory in a lab and establishing it as fact. You cannot form a universe in a lab environment and then watch it grow for a few billion years so what is falsely taught as fact in our high schools and colleges is at best an unproven theory and as per the Bible a lie.

The big problem with the universe being created in six 24 hour days is that man cannot do that, I wonder why?Confused? It has forever been man's goal to prove that the universe just popped into existence and began to grow itself when a mystical, super compressed, single piece of matter exploded. Of course my questions are then, 'Who put the matter there?' and 'Where did it originate from?' followed by 'Who set the charges?' and 'What type of explosive material was used?' and 'What type of detonator was used?' followed with 'Who pushed the plunger, squeezed the firing mechanism or lit the match?' These questions have a cute ring to them but the truth is that if God lied (I assure you, He did not) then all of these questions are not cute, they need answers.

The next issue is credibility. I don't know about most folks but I know about myself and the people that I grew up with and the men I lived with and watched die in combat and I know the folks I have worked with since that time. The lot of them are cheaters on their wives, their and my wives have cheated on me, save the Christian I'm married to now, and in general they're not a trust-worthy lot. On the other hand there is God. He took the descendants of Abraham, the smallest ethnic group in the world, and made them His people and He has never failed them. They have repeatedly failed God and still He loves and cares for them.

As for me and my house, we trust and serve God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.