Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The State of the Union and the Christian

... I have been busy the past month trying to convince folks claiming the name of Christ that God really does care about who they vote for and since the election it has been my goal to get folks to pray for the President that our LORD has put into the White House whether they approve of the gentleman or not. Having pursued these ends that are well within the wishes of God I have been ignoring this blog. To any of you that are bored enough to care to read the ramblings of an old man, I apologize for ignoring my duty here. I will attempt to be more faithful in my rants and my attempts to teach the Gospel.
... Since I have noticed, at www.bibleforums.org, that so many folks today are not concerned with seeking after the will of God for every action they take I'd like to spend just a moment on that subject. God is concerned about every detail of your life. The Bible even assures us of this truth. (Luke 12:7) If God knows the exact number of hairs on your head at any given moment in time, could there ever be a single thing that you can do that God does not know? God has been so concerned about this servant that He has even sent folks to see that I recieve enough money in any given month to feed my wife and my daughter, even though I'll never be able to work another day of my life. Because I can't sleep at night unless I am proped up in an expensive hospital bed, God has provided me with just that. Because I have a drop foot because of the disease that is caused by my wounds and chemical exposure from the war, God has even provided a, just invented, special brace that is spring loaded and lifts the toe of my foot so that I do not take a header when I walk.
... To believe that God does not care about how one of His children votes is a very small box to try to put the creator of the universe into.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.