Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Disrespet


Exo 20:2 I am Jehovah thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
Exo 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
Exo 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate me,
Exo 20:6 and showing lovingkindness unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments. (ASV)

Remember when you met your mate? You could not spend enough time on the phone with them and there was never enough time to be together and going to your separate homes was torture! That's how God feels about you if you are saved! In the World today we have relegated our Savior into some club where He is referred to as J. C. and the boys when speaking of him and the Disciples that followed Him. And then, on the Internet I notice the lose of caps in people's typing and it is so inclusive that we fail to reverence God and the Christ to the point that they are referred to as god and the christ as if they are no different than our gmc truck or our chevy impala.

I am almost rebuked by people claiming the name of the Christ, Jesus as their Savior for pointing this out to folks on the Internet and they assure me that no disrespect was probably intended. The sad thing is that they are correct, in most cases, the disrespect was not intentional, but it is always disrespectful to leave the Capital off of the first letter off of anyone's name or title.

So, we must ask ourselves, is this a problem or is it a symptom of a much larger condition? Consider. for just a moment, all Adam did was eat the fruit off of a tree that his wife had already eaten... and she did not die! Do you see how easy it is to justify disobedience? In just about every house in the US there is a Television and people spend twenty-one to thirty-five or better hours a week with it as the center of their focus. The problem is so bad that it causes divorces because people would rather watch the Idiot-Tube than to spend time pleasing their mate and being pleased by their mate. But even worse, people do not read their Bibles and therefore sever their connection with God! Without even thinking, they divorce God.

Before I was saved and since that time I have read some great novels but I read a novel and I place it on a shelf where it resides for the rest of my life or I give it away. On the other hand I own a Bible and I began reading it twenty-one years ago at the end of December and have not stopped reading it since. The Bible is the single most exciting piece of literature in the world. It is a true story of wars, subversion and adventure. And for the true committed believer it is very easy to understand because the author of the book lives in their hearts.

On top of all this it is the Living Word of God and is Love Story of God and all of His people... even you! Just as my pastor points out,. When we think of prophecy we immediately think of the End Time. And when we think of that... it is the Saved man and woman's future ad God has spelled it all out for us to read and learn about.

Disrespect is, perhaps, the easiest thing in the world to do and it requires no thought at all. It is my hope that many will find this to be Food For thought. May God bless every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.