Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Berean Habits

Eph 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.
Eph 6:11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.


It is the common practice, today, that we answer questions about the Holy Word of God right off the top of our heads, without ever consulting God, in prayer, and without checking with the Word of God to check ourselves. I'll be teaching this Sunday from the above passages that, directly, affect how we are to respond to the queries we receive during our sojourn here.


From the time my former pastor, Richard Clark, decided that I had become grounded enough to move from teaching children and he moved me to teach the Men's evening class, I have bumped heads with Deacons, Preachers and other Teachers that were smarter than I was and they did not need to consult with God and they already knew what the Bible had to say.


These folks are not standing in God's strength, they stand in their own. They have not bothered to put on the Armor of God, they have their own! In Eph. 6:11b we see the reason we are to put on God's Armor and not our own. The best Life Example of wearing our own armor is Adam in the Garden! Adam was created perfect by God and if a perfect man, without sin, could not resist the Devil... what in the world would ever cause a man born in sin to believe he can battle Satan without God?


Young Christian... every time you hear me or any teacher in any format teaching, hold our feet to the fire of the Gospel. Every single one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will do my very best to maintain a clean and God honoring forum here.